Rental FAQ

Q: Do we need a permit to serve or sell alcohol?

Please check with the California Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control (

Q: Do we need security?

SPHF-approved security may be required for certain events or if outside music is brought in (i.e. DJ’s, live band, etc.).

Q: Can I burn candles inside the hall?

Candles must be enclosed in votive glass containers with the flame at least 2” below the rim. No open flames.

Q: Do we have to clean the venue before and/or after the event or does someone do that for us? Do I need to bring my own cleaning supplies or does the venue provide them?

The venue will be clean when you arrive. You are responsible for clean-up after your event. There is a supply closet with brooms, trash bags, etc. Also in the supply closet is a cleaning checklist that must be completed before you leave.

Q: Who do I contact if I have sound and lighting needs?

Let us know and we will put you in touch with a technician who can work with you.

Q: Am I allowed to decorate the venue?

We encourage you to decorate the Blue Goose as you like.  However, in order to minimize damage, we do ask that you not attach anything to the painted walls and live plants must be in leak-proof container.  Please keep in mind that we do not permit the following:  confetti, glitter, hay, straw, birdseed, rice, or chewing gum.

Q: How many chairs and tables are there and what are their dimensions?

There are:  25 – 5 foot round tables, 24 – 6 foot buffet tables, 23 – 8 foot buffet tables and 400 tables and chairs.  Tables and chairs are not to be removed from the building.

Q: Is the extra fee for lighting just for “theater” and spot lights? Or if I want “mood” lighting at the event or a single light facing the stage… do I have to pay the extra fee?

You have basic control of lights throughout including a light that shines on the stage. You only need to pay for lighting if you need an operator to control the theater lights and spotlight or do any initial set-up.

Q: Is there heating and air conditioning inside the venue?

Yes, and you can control the temperature yourself.

Q: What appliances are available for use in the kitchen?

There is a deep freezer, ice machine, fridge, oven, stove, warming oven, bar fridge, keg hook-ups/spout, and deep sink. The appliances are restaurant grade.

Q: If I have a live band, must they bring their own sound system or can they use the one at the venue?

Bands and other musical entertainment should bring their own sound system. SPHF-approved security may be required.

Q: How can I play music at my event?

The PA is suitable for playing off an iPod and making announcements on the mics that flood through speakers attached to the ceiling.  Please contact us if you are interested in renting our PA system.

Q: Can we have a Bar-B-Q?

Yes, as long as the Bar-B-Q is set up at least 10 feet from the building and surrounding deck/loading docks.

Q: Is there a podium availableent?

Yes, we do have a podium.  Please let Pat know if you would like to use our podium.

Q: When will I get my deposit back?

As long as the Event Center is cleaned per the cleaning checklist, your full deposit will be returned to you within 2-4 weeks.